Sunday, March 1, 2015

Rose Blossom "Choose Happy" Blog Hop


Welcome to the blog hop!  If this is not your starting place, you have seen spectacular work, I know.  Marge is one of the best!  If you are starting here, you will be seeing some spectacular work soon!  Just follow the link below. (sounds like the wizard of oz! ha ha).

I just have to say, I love the phrase "choose happy"!  It is absolutely true.  Happiness is something that is chosen.  Circumstances have nothing to do, with whether we are happy or not, it is our choice.
Having said that... While I was making this card, my husband came downstairs.  As he was, he was complaining a little.  Now, my husband is not someone, who complains.  As he was talking, he came over and stood right next to me.  He looked down, paused and I looked up at him, waiting for him to continue.  Then, with a smile he said, "huh, how appropriate is that right now?!"  I turned to look at the card, smiled and looked back up.  He turned to leave and as he did, he said, " I will just go ahead and do that!". :)
The power of words!
Wow, that was a tangent.  But, one worth sharing.

Here it is!  If you don't know me yet, my creations, are usually on the simple side!
I have not decided, if I am going to leave that frame blank or put a picture in it (of my son of course).

I just used White Daisy, Hollyhock and Glacier cardstock.  Black Archival ink for the frame, then colored with Tender Pink ShinHan Marker.  The borders and words, are Slate ink and the cute swirl line, is Hollyhock ink.  I added some Sparkles for a little fun!

Now you are off to Shelly's spectacular creation!  Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. Lovely card - and thank you for sharing that story. It really is good to be reminded sometimes that we can choose our outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I loved that you shared that story. Truly, this is the best part of blogging - the personal side of our lives. Your card is fantastic! And if you decide to put a photo in there, it will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this card. Your designs are always so crisp and clean! The little sparkles are just the right touch to add to the whimsy of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story!! I love reading the background that you write. You have a good reason for everything you do. That's awesome. AND so is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your story Barb. It's all about your heart isn't it? Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! How awesome of your hubby! It's not easy for guys to admit to those types of things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love seeing all your art Barb, but this may be my fav so far. Your color choices and stamp placements make this a very eye catching piece. {great story too ... thanks for sharing!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! (I can see it on your husband's desk in a frame with a picture of your son...) ;-) Thanks for the tangent, it was certainly worth sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet story and a sweet card! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts. Have a blessed day!
Barbara